About Charitable Impact
Charitable Impact started as a bold idea and evolved quickly into an unwavering belief: everyone should have access to resources that help them build the brighter future they imagine. Our online platform is like a bank account for charitable giving. Anyone can use it to find and give to their favourite charities from one place, give with friends and others, and get support with making their biggest impact possible. So far, Canadians across the country have donated tens of millions of dollars through our platform.
We take care of each other
Our team members enjoy competitive salaries, purposeful perks, and a culture that gives back and has fun doing it. We support each other, learn from one another, and grow together. We're on an adventure to make giving an intentional and joyful part of daily life! So, come and join us, and let's build a brighter future together.
What you’ll do
We want people to love giving with Charitable Impact. To provide our audience with a great experience, we need to design smart content solutions.
As a UX Writer, you'll help us shape digital experiences and create clear, cohesive, and compelling content. You’ll work closely with an established Content team to build and champion strong content strategy practice across the organization. You’ll also work with colleagues in UX, design, research, product, engineering, marketing, and donor experience to plan and design content that connects with users and helps them complete their tasks.
- Plan for, write, and maintain all of the copy and content for a range of digital experiences
- Design content that creates usable, valuable experiences across screens and products using a unified voice
- Contribute to long-term strategies for content within the organization
- Conduct and assist with user research and usability testing
- Work cross-functionally with UX, brand and marketing design, product, engineering, and other colleagues across the organization
- Consult with stakeholders across the business, including senior leaders, to make sure content aligns with broader business goals
- Document content plans and engage stakeholders throughout projects
- Support and add to the development of style guides, including tone of voice guidelines
- Support the translation of content to serve both English- and French-speaking audiences
- Maintain familiarity with industry trends, issues, and technologies within the UX and content strategy landscape
- Be a champion for content strategy and develop relationships across the organization
What we're looking for
- 2+ years experience in UX writing, content strategy, communications, or similar role that includes writing for digital experiences
- Strong portfolio of relevant writing examples
- Experience creating or working with brand and UX writing guidelines, including terminology and tone of voice guidelines
- Solid understanding of content and its role in user experience design principles and practices
- Experience managing or coordinating the content production process
- Understand content metrics and data, and how to apply them to the content design process
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Proven ability to work independently and collaborate with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced environment
- Rigorous approach to documentation and organization
- An openness to learning and a willingness to try new things
- Fluency in written French is an asset
What we offer
- Extended health care benefits. Vision, dental and paramedical.
- Annual health spending account. To spend on what's important to you.
- Professional development. We believe in supporting our team members achieve their professional goals.
- RRSP matching. To encourage you to save for your future.
- Monthly donation matching. To encourage you to give.
- Rest and relaxation. A minimum three weeks paid annual vacation for all team members.
- Flexibility. Flexible work schedules and remote work options.
Our people make us great
We love working with creative and open-minded people who bring imagination and courage to work, who treat others with respect and kindness, and who act on their generosity each day. We're committed to building an inclusive and collaborative workplace that values equity and welcomes everyone.
At Charitable Impact, we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of our hiring process.
Your application was submitted successfully.